Thursday, June 18, 2009
Sunday, June 14, 2009
The fabric for the turtle shells has been cut. They are going to be green, gray, and a little gray-blue. I have to cut out the outlines for the turtles now, including their feet, heads and tails. Those will all be gray, but if I don't have enough fabric, some might be tan.
I tore apart the mostly blue block and repaired a mistake. The corrected version is above. Below that is another block, which I made six of. I am now done with putting the blocks of nine together and can start on my turtles. The first step is to cut 54 2.5 inch squares of various shades of green and gray for the turtle backs. That could take most of the day.
Scout has decided that a great place for her to hang out is on the ironing board. It is great for her because the ironing board isn't that steady and there is usually a red, hot iron on it. I first noticed this when I looked up and found her curled up about a foot away from the iron that was on at the time. For the record, I have moved the iron in these pictures. Also, to add to the list of things that have randomly burst into flames around here, my iron started on fire last week. Hooray! Good thing I have all that wacky homeowners insurance. No damage was done - other than to my ironing board cover - and the flaming iron of death has been thrown out.
Monday, June 8, 2009
Friday, June 5, 2009
I took this picture before the winds picked up and pelted me with pine cones and pine needles. The back yard is a mess, but there was no twister and I was not transported to Oz. At any rate, this rhody is blooming for the first time this year. I bought her and her two sisters about 4 years ago and they are finally showing their stuff this year. Well worth the wait.