|Seriously, 98 HSTs|
A few months ago, my machine decided to spend an evening eating my fabric. I'd put it in place, get ready to sew, and instead of running it through, it forced the fabric into the bobbin area and I got shredded fabric. A few rounds of this, including cleaning and resetting everything, and I was in no mood to deal with the machine's new found quirk. Dear reader, I hit that machine like a boxer going in for the finish. The machine broke, or rather the lid broke. Suitably chagrined, I managed to work around the broken lid. The problem being that the lid has to be in the up position to wind the bobbin. This is something I figured out and managed to develop a work around. Until yesterday. I forgot to implement the work around, the thread got incredibly tight while winding the bobbin and broke. Before it broke, it managed to bend a metal disk that, apparently, is very much needed for threading the machine. Nothing I do now will allow me to thread and I'm stuck. Tomorrow I either get to go to the sewing machine dealer and explain that I have no idea how my machine broke, perhaps the cats had something to do with it, or break down and buy the new one that I've had my eye on. Either way, it might be awhile before sewing takes place. In the meantime, I have lots of very pretty hiking pictures to share. And, I'm learning to count to 10.