Sunday, August 18, 2013

SSMQG - Block Challenge

The South Sound Modern Quilt Guild is off to a running start.  It's been so interesting to see what the other quilters have made and it is very inspiring.  I'm so glad to be a part of this.  One of our members was gifted a large amount of what can only be charitably described as "hideous" cat fabric.  We took it upon ourselves to use this fabric as our first challenge block.  Take a 10 inch square of cat fabric and make it modern.  Don't believe that it is hideous?
(don't look straight at it)
It is decidedly not modern fabric.  And, half of my block is the back of a cat.  Yikes.

For inspiration, I picked up my Modern Blocks book and came up with this:


I liked using the bright pink to brighten it up, but I can't help thinking that it now looks like the cats are in jail.  The featured cat sure does not look happy.  Oh well, I will be very excited to see what the others have come up with at our next meeting.

3 comments:

  1. Nothing like a challenge to get those creative juices running. I like the way that block turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, I was thinking jail cats then scrolled down and saw you thought the same. But I like the jail cats :)
    Sometimes I wouldn't mind a jail for mine

    ReplyDelete