Saturday, September 12, 2009

what's blooming now





It's been a while since I've posted pictures from my yard. This is mostly because I don't have a lot of summer flowers because of the whole "I live in the dark woods" thing I've got going here. I was mowing the dandelions today when I noticed the fuschia and hydrangea blooming in the side yard and got very excited. Also exciting is the orchid that chose to bloom again this year. You can't really tell by the pictures, but she is a very pale green with pinkish/purplish stripes. I'm amazed that she is blooming because she really needs to be repotted - she is almost falling out of her pot - and she doesn't get a lot of light where she is. She is, apparently, a trooper.

In cat news, Sammy is back from his extended visit to the vet. He is still running a slight fever, but it is way down from the 105.5 that it was. I am very happy to have him home even though I am extremely worried about the fact that we do not know what caused the fever in the first place, and he is sleeping his little butt off on the bed right now which tells me that he doesn't really entirely feel better. At least he is home and okay for now. I'll watch him tomorrow and take him back in on Monday if need be. Who needs a savings account anyway? I kid. I'm not worried about the costs of this so long as Pirate Kitty returns to his pirate ways. Let's hope that is soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment