Saturday, May 21, 2011

Friday Night Sew-In - May Results.

Only 4 rows to go!
Yesterday I snuck out of work an hour early so I could drink beer on my deck.  I needed that because during my testimony on my bill I managed to say it applied to counties with a population of 20,000 or more when in fact it applied to counties with a population of 200,000 or more.  Luckily, the sponsoring Senator caught that and questioned me about it (okay, corrected me) but she was very nice about it and told everyone how hard I'd been working (so please excuse her inability to read numbers correctly, really, she's just tired and not incompetent).  No harm and no embarrassing memos needed to be written. So, with my dignity still intact, I went home and enjoyed the experience of drinking a beer in a lawn chair with a 12 pound warm cat perched on my lap.

Later as I was in my kitchen and debating the merits of having a second beer on Friday night - and, it was Friday night so I could have a second beer - when it hit me.  It's Friday Night Sew-In.  With a mission now in my mind and a devil may care attitude, I put down my empty beer bottle and turned on the iron.  I attached 4 more rows to the Citrus Triangles Quilt and then remembered that I invited a friend over for dinner after Saturday's floor action and I'd better move around the larger piles of cat hair.

Mission completed and I'm ready to head to work for more public humiliation.  Sometime it is amazing I get paid for this.

5 comments:

  1. Love your story and your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting story....and a beer on a Friday night on your deck sounds wonderful!
    LoVe the quilt... so colourful!
    FNSI are great for doing whatever! See you next month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just loving that quilt! IT's so happy! And I guess after a couple of beers, you were happy too! Don't worry too much about that little missing zero.

    ReplyDelete
  4. funny post and i love the colours in your quilt,well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that quilt is going to be gorgeous! I can't wait to see it finished...

    ReplyDelete