Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Beginner Quilt

I finally finished it! I took a introductory quilting class in October and have been working on and off on this since then. I have to say, the process is incredibly addicting. I really like picking out fabrics and colors and trying to figure out which patterns go together. I haven't completely finished this (even though I just said that I did) because I still have to quilt the darned thing. I'm going to rent a machine at Bayside Quilting for a couple of hours so I can get it done properly. I don't know how I am going to quilt it just yet, but I will probably be keeping it simple. I have picked up several pattern books and am looking into what my next project will be so I guess you all will have to put up with updates on my next project for the next several months. Of course, session hours start next week so the chances of completing a quilt or even starting one any time soon are very slim. Yikes, session hours. I still don't know how I managed to be lucky enough not to have tried to fly back this Christmas. Not that I wouldn't have enjoyed being stuck in the Minneapolis airport, I just really preferred being stuck in my home over Christmas. I guess what I'm saying is that quilting is the perfect project for when you are stuck in your home during 20 degree weather for several days at a time. You Wisconsin people should try it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment