Sunday, January 18, 2009

Orchids


Check it out!  This was an orchid that I bought last year during the spring.  I bought it when it was in bud and it later bloomed for several months in my office.  I since moved offices to one with a northern exposure and this little guy put up a bud several weeks ago and is in full bloom now.  The bud process was very stressful because the window is right above the heater in my office and I'm constantly adding water to make sure it doesn't dry out.  Well, it was budding when I was stuck at home for 4 days due to snow.  I had to figure out who did make it to the office and beg them to water my plant for me.  She made it and I expect her to remain blooming through a nice chunk of session.  I really like how she has stripes and polka dots.  Classy, just like me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment