Sunday, January 11, 2009

Say it isn't so!


I bought my sewing machine several years ago with the intent of learning how to quilt.  Well, I started this year so all is well with the world.  I bought the fancy machine that doesn't need oil - the only maintenance it needs is to be cleaned by a professional on a yearly basis.  Since it has been at least three years without a cleaning and since I just finished a slightly big project filled with material that is guaranteed to pill off and fall into a motor, I decided to bring my machine in for a cleaning.  By the way, every time I go to JoAnn Fabrics to talk to someone in the sewing machine department they look at me like I'm some sort of leper and should be handled with care.  Seriously, I walked in with my boxed machine and I got a, "Um, Hi, um .... what can I help you with?"  Except said with the tone you would tell the guy on the street that you don't have spare change.  Is it because I'm clearly not a sewing grandmother?  I'm starting to get a complex.  

At any rate, I convinced them that I was there to get my sewing machine taken care of and not to start a meth lab between notions and embroidery thread.  The verdict?  Two weeks with no sewing machine!  Two weeks!  This sucks.  This is almost as bad as when my ipod died and I had to listen to the radio.  

No comments:

Post a Comment