Sunday, February 8, 2009

Snowshoeing on Mt. Rainier




It is so rare for me to get out during session, but when CF suggested snowshoeing this weekend I thought it was a fabulous idea.  I don't own snowshoes but after yesterday, I'm seriously thinking of getting them.  The day was beautiful,  the ski was bright blue, lots of really good snow and it wasn't even that cold.  I ended up taking off my hat and vest and just wearing my long sleeved shirt.  Big thanks to Rich and Deb for giving me that for Christmas - it fits and was perfect for the day.  

CF and I went to Mt. Rainier and probably did around 3 to 3.5 miles.  It doesn't sound like much, but the snow is like walking in very aggressive sand.   We did make it down to Reflection Lake before turning back and heading back to our starting point near Paradise.  Afterwards, we checked out the new visitors center at Paradise which was actually pretty cool.  I really want to get out there again.  For more pictures of snowshoeing on the mountain, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment