Monday, December 21, 2009
Day of the Dead Quilt - Finale
Despite the fact that the Ancient Egyptians put a curse on this quilt, I managed to finish it without invoking the Book of the Dead. I cut the fabric wrong and then didn't have enough material to correct the fact that I had cut the fabric wrong. Then, the fabric that I ordered to fix the problem featured skulls that were three inches larger than the skulls in the original fabric. That wouldn't have been a problem if I had ordered enough fabric to complete the border with the big head skull fabric. Which I didn't. I ended up putting big head skull on the top and the bottom, little head skull on the side and creating my own corner pieces to make the transition between big head and little head a little less jarring. I quilted it over the weekend and it now resides in my closet, lurking in its evil quilt ways until next Day of the Dead.