Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dutch quilt - backing


I'm working on the backing for the Dutch quilt.  It is a fun process even if it involves the use of math.  I'm starting with a panel which was given to me in Amsterdam by the very nice owner of the quilt store.  I think it was her way of showing she understood just how much we were spending and to show her appreciation for the crazy spending.  (Jill, if you are reading this, I so wish you had come with us that day.  I think you would have thoroughly enjoyed it!)  Seriously, I'd go back to Amsterdam just for this store.

I put a narrow border around the panel and will be adding color blocks to the left and the right. The rest of the back will be black.  I think it will look great, and I have to get this done relatively soon because I reserved time on the long-arm for October 8.  I'm scheduled for all day and I plan to take my time and go slow.

2 comments:

  1. I love your Dutch quilt! It turned out so well and it will be a beautiful reminder of your trip to Holland and Belgium. I wish I had known about the fabric shop and could have gone there with you and Roz. I think you should send some pictures of this quilt to the shop owner. I'm sure she'd be so pleased to see what you created and the placement of the special panel, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm going to put this puppy together today (hopefully). I so wish you had come with us. Roz was so much fun and that store was amazing! I like your idea about sending a picture to the shop owner. I'll have to see if I can get some good pictures. Rainy season has begun here and it is dark, dark, dark.

    ReplyDelete