Monday, September 20, 2010

Dutch quilt - decision time



I honestly don't know how to proceed on this one.  I added the selvages to the upper left corner of the quilt as shown above and I added a 2.5 inch black border around the entirety of the quilt.  I was planning on adding another border of 2.5 inch stripes of the solid colored fabric to surround the black border.  But, now, I'm wondering if that will be too much.  I kind of like this as is.  I guess I thought adding more color to the border would make it modern, but I also don't want it to be distracting.  At the moment, it remains on the couch because the girl cat has once again discovered it and is making her stand on it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that is beautiful!

    I think your instinct to not add more color to the border is a good one--it is very striking as it is, and keeps the focus on the pinwheels.

    I love those pinwheels, so much.

    ReplyDelete