Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Arts and Crafts Squares Quilt - complete!




Success!  It is done!  I finished the binding last night and waited for my batteries to recharge to take a picture (literally and figuratively).  In case this looks familiar, the pattern is from one of Kaffe Fassett's books but instead of using his brightly colored fabrics, I went traditional.  I know  - I'm such a rebel.  At any rate, I wanted to use the center brown and tan flowered fabric in something that would really set it off.  I think I accomplished that.  I also think I did okay on the binding.  I ended up piecing the bits I trimmed off the backing and mixing it with some remaining brown fabric from the quilt.  It isn't perfect by any means, but I'm definitely getting the hang of it.

Off to turn off the sprinklers, drink a glass of wine and celebrate the first warm night here in the Pacific Northwest.  I even still have the windows open - miracles do happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment