Sunday, July 18, 2010

Windmills - #7 and #8




Windmills #7 and #8 are complete.  These are a lot of fun to make which is good because I have about seventeen more to do.  Then I have to decide how to put them all together.  I know that I will be putting sashing strips in the quilt, but what color?  Black, pink, burgundy, green?  Do I use corner blocks?  Do I put in an outside border? I've got a lot of ideas jumping around in my head.  When quilters talk about quilting being an obsession, they are completely right.  This is really becoming an obsession for me - not that it's a bad thing.  I think of the process of piecing as putting together a very complex puzzle and it is so satisfying when the pieces fit together.  In this case, this puzzle needs to be decoded and put together.  I can't wait to see what the next step looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment