Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Windmill city



It has taken me a lot of time and courage to cut in to the Dutch reproduction fabric I picked up in Amsterdam.  Tonight was the night to do it and my first windmill is near completion.  This will be about 12 inches square, although looking my cutting board, it would say closer to 13, and I plan on making at least 25 windmills altogether.  It will be a big quilt, but I really want to use this fabric and of course, I had to buy a lot of it.  The background is a black sateen which I purchased here in town - I was torn between white and black and ended up with black because I thought it would make the windmills pop a little more.  I do have some darker colors to come so we will see if that was the right decision.  You also can't tell in the photo, but there is a pattern to the white fabric.  I will try to see if I can get that to show up in another photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment