Tuesday, August 31, 2010

It's very possible that I've gone insane

I've only been quilting for a couple of years and made a few quilts.  My 1/4 inch seams won't win any prizes for accuracy, but I find them passable and I really do enjoy the process.  One of my favorite things to do is to follow others' blogs and flickr pages.  One of my favorite quilters on the web is Oh, Fransson! who designs and makes fabulous quilts.  I've bought her Mix Tape pattern but haven't made it yet and I can't wait to get to it.  She also holds quilt-alongs where  you can join her and others in making a quilt using one of her fabulous patterns.  This brings us to the insane part of my post title.  I've decided to join her Tokyo Subway Map Quilt-Along (while finishing up my Dutch quilt).  The finished quilt will look like this:

Tokyo Subway

... and it consists of 1600 tiny squares.  I have no intention of trying to keep up on the quilt-along. I have to finish my Dutch quilt, clean up after the cats, and then there is the whole "going to work for a living" thing that I've got going.  But, it should be fun and a challenge to get those little squares to line up properly.  I almost have all the fabric I need for this - Elizabeth of Oh, Fransson!  suggests that this is a good stash burner of a quilt, but I don't have that much of a stash yet.  I need to buy some purple and some dark green as well as lots of white fabric. Off to Fabricworm to get some purple!  

1 comment: