Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Sew Mama Sew's Modern Block of the Month

April

March

The pieced back

All together now. 
I decided that I had to finish the Modern Block of the Month project because being two blocks short just wasn't going to work for me.  So, I finished March and April and then set about putting them together.  The sashing is in a grey because it turns out I have a lot of grey left from my last project and I felt like being thrifty.  The backing is shades of grey with one lovely 1/2 yard of lavender.  The grey 1/2 yard fabrics are from Pink Chalk's color of the month club.  It was rather fortuitous that I received a package of greys as part of this program and I decided just to go ahead and piece the back with those fabrics.  Again, I'm being thrifty, but I also really like how it looks and I think it fits in with the modern blocks in the front.

Thanks to the cute cat for the necessary scale.

3 comments:

  1. It looks great. Love the colours. I think the grey sashing looks perfect. And yep, the back colours go well with the front.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely awesome. Very fresh and clean, love your color choices and the blocks. The backing is sweet too. Love it. Bernie

    ReplyDelete