Monday, July 18, 2011

Back to business

Now that the family is safely back in Wisconsin and the Cat Army is done sniffing everything they touched, I can get back to the business of obsessing about my Spinster Quilt.  I've decided to try to pick out patterns and/or colors that have something to do with the quilt block.  As you will see, it will be a stretch of my creativity to keep this up.  Let's see how it's going so far: 

Bat Wing
 The bat wing block, made from purple and gray colors because bats fly at night and are darkish.  Okay, like I said, it will be a stretch.
Big Dipper
I'm not going to try to claim that this has anything to do with the big dipper because it is red.  However, I will pretend that the swirls on this fabric mimic the milky way.
Birds in the Air
 Birds in the blue sky, baby.  Sometimes things just fall into place.
Bouquet
Flowers in a vase.  Can I just say how much I love that vase? Oh, yes, yes I can.  I love that vase.

Tomorrow (or the day after) will bring a Box and perhaps a Bowtie.

1 comment:

  1. I'm waiting to see how all these blocks will go together. Nice progress!

    ReplyDelete