Sunday, June 26, 2011

The cat days of summer

Finally!  Strawberries.
Like any good supermodel, she shows her best side to the camera.
Just one of those lazy, sit in the grass and lick your paw kind of day.  
Let's see how many cats we can get on this lawn chair.

Basket
I should have gone hiking or biking this weekend.  Instead, I made strawberry jam and spent some quality time in the backyard with the cat army.  Yes, the locally grown strawberries finally came in and I immediately bought a flat and turned it into jam (the bits that I didn't eat in the car on the way home).

The cats and I enjoyed the warm weather and the boys decided to both sit on me while I was trying to get some sun on my zombie legs.  I still look like a zombie, but now I feel weak from the heat of the sun, supplemented by the body heat of two cats.  Their crazy love will be the end of us all.

Later, after a refreshing nap under a different combination of two cats, I poured myself a large glass of water and tackled the Basket block.  I should have used interfacing, but I was too lazy to dig through my supplies and see where I left it last.  Still, a bright pink basket on a sunny summer day seemed like a lovely idea and a lovely end to the weekend.  We are expecting rain this week, so I'm glad I took advantage of the opportunity to get heatstroke with the cats instead of mowing the lawn or exercising.

3 comments:

  1. Gotta love that lawn chair picture! We all need a bit of help relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those strawberries do look yummy! Love the kitties on top of you. I often wake up in the morning with two on top of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cats. Mmmm, strawberry jam. I should make some, except I keep using all the strawberries to make muffins and cupcakes :)

    ReplyDelete