Thursday, June 23, 2011

Spinster Quilt

Autumn Tints
Weathervane
Is it too early to say that I'm obsessed with these blocks?  Since it's passed my bedtime and I'm thinking of picking out fabric for the next block, it is probably okay to make that call.  These are challenging in that I'm doing things I haven't done before and despite the general circular look to the weathervane block, I'm very happy with it.  I pieced the Weathervane block and I'd like to give a huge "Thank You" to Grey Cat Quilts for providing alternative piecing advice for this one.  It went smoothly, if slowly for me.  Yes, it did take a couple of hours to do these, but it isn't entirely my fault.  Sammy Davis Jr. Kitty has discovered that if he places a small rodent in the bathtub, the rodent can't get out but he can play with it.  Unfortunately for him, I enforce a strict catch and release policy in this house.  But, I also enforce a "the bathtub must be cleaned after a rodent has been terrorized in it" policy. Those are really the only rules I have here.  That, and no white after Labor Day.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad it Weathervane went well for you! I did another one, Wood Lily (#110) that I'll be posting everything for this evening, along with some recommendations for how to make this one go smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I challenge anyone making these not to get obsessed/addicted. I've only made one so far, but as soon as I'd finished I was looking at the next and wanting to start it too. Am only supposed to be doing one a week tho, so I managed to restrain myself.
    Have just found your blog today and am reading it backwards. Love all the blocks you've showed (and the fabric you've picked) from today, back to this post.

    ReplyDelete