Sunday, August 21, 2011

Modern Block of the Month (August)


I approached August's Modern Block of the Month with some trepidation.  I've never done improv piecing before and I didn't know if I was willing to let go and go all improv just yet.  Don't get me wrong, I like improv blocks and I most definitely like wonky log cabin blocks (I see one of those quilts in my future).  However, I'm doing 111 paper piecing blocks and attention to detail seems to be my very long middle name right now and it doesn't seem right to let go and go all wonky just yet.  Honestly, I like the result, but I don't see myself doing a whole quilt like this.  To me, quilting is putting together a puzzle and it seems like cheating to make up the puzzle as you go along.  Maybe that's just me, but there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment