Friday, August 12, 2011

Spinster Quilt -Games and Butter

Checkerboard
No matter what you use as fabric for the Checkerboard block, it is going to end up looking like a checkerboard.  However, I loved this Amy Butler fabric because I think it looks a little like game pieces. I can't really remember pieces to what game.  The bottom of the game pieces to Sorry?  Something backgammony?  (Yes, it's a word.  Backgammony: something resembling the game of Backgammon.)  By the way, I do not know how to play Backgammon; I'm assuming that it is an actual game because spell check has not told me otherwise.

Churn Dash
I can't think of making the Churn Dash block without making it look like butter.  Although after buying butter from a local dairy and forgetting about it in the back of my refrigerator, I do know that I could have made this block green.

1 comment:

  1. Great blocks. When I look at those dots, I think tiddlywinks :)
    Loved the comment on green butter. That is so me. It's not an average month in my house if I don't forget I bought milk and have it turn green.

    ReplyDelete