Monday, August 8, 2011

Spinster Quilt - Cats of Progress

Cats and Mice
Let's be honest here, cats and mice do not get along in this house.  I think it is safe to say that at least one party of that relationship wishes they did not have a relationship.  But, my cats being the warm, fluffy, soft tools of mouse death that they are, are not eager to end that relationship - at least until the taunting is over.  They cross paths outside in the greenery.  Hence the green block above.

Century of Progress (modified)
According to Historyorb.com, on November 27, 1911 (a century ago) audiences threw vegetables at actors for the first recorded time.  I don't have a reason why this block is pink and audiences threw vegetables, but I do think that is an awesome fact.  Be sure to break that out at your next cocktail party.

1 comment:

  1. I love the modified century of progress. My block is a disaster (I'll post it later this week).

    ReplyDelete