Friday, November 12, 2010

Halloween Mixtape quilt - the back

Halloween Mixtape quilt back
Halloween isn't over until I say it is over.  I finally finished the back for the Mixtape quilt which I made more difficult after deciding that I did not want any Halloween print fabrics left over for my stash.  I just  don't see myself doing another Halloween quilt next year.  (Be sure to remind me I said that when I do another Halloween quilt next year.)  I decided to piece the back with the remainder of the print fabrics and made five sets of those pieces.  Then I placed the leftover orange Gee's Bend fabric at the top and bottom of the sets. It is very close to the size of the top - there won't be a large margin of error when I quilt this, but the thrifty part of me is glad I didn't buy extra for this step and that I used up my supplies.

I'm off to drive back into town to pick up my Thanksgiving turkey.  I'm buying it through Olympia Local Foods which, as you can tell by the name, sells locally grown/produced foods.  The turkey is organic and I'm told spent his/her days eating grasshoppers and seeking turkey self-actualization.  And, no, I don't think it is odd at all that I'm driving to a warehouse in the dark of night to pick up a bird that has been "processed" this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment