Monday, November 15, 2010

The Stimpy Quilt - Blocks 1 - 5

My first block - that center square is 1.5 inches. 

I do love a good four square block.  

The center block is made up of 2 and 3/16 inch squares.

This shadow of a cat is a reminder that the final product will have to be laundered before used by the family member with cat allergies.  

Woot!
I took my final furlough day today and am done with those until the end of the fiscal year.  Since it was (and still is) raining out, I thought a day of quilting would be in order.  I finished up five blocks of this puppy and am getting the hang of it.  Note to my brother:  Some of these squares call for half square triangles of impossible to measure lengths (2 and 3/16 inches).  It may be slightly difficult to get them all to match up and look pretty with the borders.  Take out your contacts before viewing this quilt and you should be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment