Thursday, December 18, 2008

Angry Bob - Before and After

Angry Bob moved in almost two years ago.  He moved in after Scout did, but started hanging out before she moved in.  At the time the only cat I had was the late Grover and he was all that I really ever wanted.  I'll follow up with pictures of him. As much as I love Angry Bob, I wish that Grover could have handled him better.  

At any rate, Angry Bob is the lover of the neighborhood.  If he were a human, he'd be hanging out in bars saying, "Hey Baby" to everyone he meets.  He's the guy you don't really want around, but he wears you down with his persistence. And, of course, I really want him around. 
 
I first met Bob late one January evening when I came home from work.  It was raining and he followed my car into my garage and proceeded to run circles around me.  It became obvious to me that he wanted food.  I fed him, he left, and I thought that was the end of it.  Of course, it wasn't.  Eventually, I would find him sleeping on my couch or wandering around my house.  I wasn't the only woman on the block he did this to, I was just the one he decided to spend his nights with.  I got him neutered so there wouldn't be little Bobs running around and I honestly thought that would be the end of it.  Every man I know agrees that a good neutering should prevent return visits.  At any rate, Bob moved in with his suitcases and has lived here ever since.  He still spends his days with his girlfriend next door, but he comes home to me at night. I suppose that I should be flattered by this behavior.  He is also incredibly sweet and is a welcome addition to the cat army.  If anyone asks, he doesn't live here.  My homeowners association only allows two pets.  Bob breaks my quota.  

This picture is from his days of living in the garage when I thought I could persuade him to just stay outside.  That, of course, didn't happen. I didn't know at the time that he had already instigated "operation become a house cat" when he was eating canned food next to the car.  


This picture is more recent - as you can see, he is resembling Jabba the Hut more and more these days.  He's just putting on his winter weight - honestly.  




No comments:

Post a Comment